sábado, 24 de dezembro de 2011

YA Bliss's 2012 YA Historical Fiction Challenge

This is probably the only challenge I'm entering this year... I've had so much fun in 2011 discovering the wonders of YA Historicals, and I'm addicted to them, so I'm definitely entering this challenge again. No more challenges for me, though, I've got too many books to read on my TBR pile.


This challenge is hosted by YA Bliss and you can read more about it (and sign in) here. For some places where you can check books eligible for the challenge, check here and here. (And here, here and here. Goodreads lists are so great!)

I'm signing for "Level 2: 10 books". It's not as modest a goal as last year, but I'm not ready to try to read 15 books (level 3), although this year I've managed to read just that (and my list is way bigger than that). As for the books I'll be reading, this is the working list of books I'd like to read:

  • Splendor, Anna Godbersen
  • Beautiful Days, Anna Godbersen
  • The Lucky Ones, Anna Godbersen
  • Rebel Angels, Libba Bray 
  • The Sweet Far Thing, Libba Bray
  • Vixen, Jillian Larkin
  • Ingenue, Jillian Larkin
  • Diva, Jillian Larkin
  • The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, John Boyne
  • The Season, Sarah MacLean
  • Deadly, Julie Chibbaro
  • The Other Countess, Eve Edwards
  • The Queen's Lady, Eve Edwards
  • The Rogue's Princess, Eve Edwards
  • The Springsweet, Saundra Mitchell
  • Tributary, Lisa T. Bergren (please, let this be published in paperback; also, I think I'll read anything of Lisa's that's somewhat YA historical)
  • Rivals in the City, Y.S. Lee
  • A Tangle of Magicks/Renegade Magic, Stephanie Burgis
  • Untitled Magic Most Foul #2, Leanna Renee Hieber
  • Wrapped, Jennifer Bradbury
  • What I Saw an How I Lied, Judy Blundell
  • The Girl is Murder, Kathryn Miller Haines
  • The Girl is Trouble, Kathryn Miller Haines
  • Lily of the Nile, Stephanie Dray
  • Song of the Nile, Stephanie Dray
  • Dark Mirror, M.J. Putney
  • Dark Passage, M.J. Putney
  • Dark Destiny, M.J. Putney
  • Plain Kate/Wood Angel, Erin Bow
  • Haunting Violet, Alyxandra Harvey
  • Born Wicked, Jessica Spotswood
  • Scarlet, A.C. Gaughen
  • Grave Mercy, R.L. LaFevers
  • Cross My Heart, Sasha Gould
  • Wentworth Hall, Abby Grahame
  • Ladies in Waiting, Laura L. Sullivan
  • I'd like to check out Michelle Zink, Marissa Doyle, Jane Eagland and Jessica Day George as well.

And this list only contains sequels to books I've read in 2011, books I discovered/wanted to read in 2011, and books that will be released in 2012 and sound exciting. I wonder how many great YA historicals are out there waiting for me.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário