domingo, 20 de maio de 2012

Fearless, Rachel Vincent

This short story (included in the Kiss Me Deadly anthology) is a part of the Soul Screamers series and is part of the Soul Screamers Reading Challenge, hosted by Fiktshun.

My thoughts: I confess, having read now Reaper and My Soul to Steal, I kept trying to pinpoint exactly when this story happens. I guess that, knowing the heartbreak that expects these characters, I was eager to figure out where were they, emotionally. The events in Reaper haven't happened yet, so Nash and Sabine are madly entangled with each other, doing everything to stay together.

Sabine has just reached Holser House, her last chance given her track record of foster families and getting into to trouble. But there's something strange about the place, and Sabine realizes she's not the only supernatural being present...

I found it interesting to get to know more about Sabine. I didn't hate her in My Soul to Steal (I actually found her an interesting enough character), but seeing more closely what she has been through makes me look at her in a different light.

The mystery is compelling, although easy to guess, but it was good to get another peek at the Netherworld and its supernatural species. The ending had some food fot thought concerning Sabine and abilities, and I'm curious to see whether this is further explored in the following books or stories.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário