domingo, 6 de maio de 2012

My Soul to Steal, Rachel Vincent

This book is for the Soul Screamers Reading Challenge, hosted by Fiktshun.


Review: And here I thought My Soul to Keep was the emotional peak of this series... Wrong! This book had me feeling so much turmoil right along with the characters, I thought I might explode from all the sadness and hurt and betrayal and plain meanness everyone is throwing at each other.

At the beginning of the novel Nash is trying to overcome his addiction, and Kaylee is trying to find it in her to forgive him for all that's passed. Honestly, I have no idea why is Kaylee willing to get back with Nash. I wouldn't be able to forgive him, if I were her, and her indecision throughout the book only shows they can't be together right now. Kaylee wasn't able to be there for Nash when he needed her, and she is struggling with her own issues of trust and self confidence to let herself just be with him.

Besides, there are too many people trying to butt in on their relationship. Her father is not very keen on having them together. Tod gives Kaylee a little advice on her, and Nash and Sabine somewhere in the middle of the story, but I'm suspicious of his motives, especially with some hints being thrown around.

And Sabine... well she is the biggest hinder to Kaylee and Nash, which is ironic, since if she hadn't shown up, they might have reached the conclusion that they can't be together... instead, her appearance just throws Kaylee and Nash more into each other without being able to figure it out. I loved to hate Sabine, and I might even like her, but I detest her methods. I realize she's had a tough life, and sympathize with her, but she really needs to get a grip.

It seems all I've talked about is the characters' love life, but it did dominate the book... even Kaylee and Sabine's jealous rivalry (even though I think they could be friends, if they weren't fighting over Nash) is a part of the villains' masterplan. Which, by the way, I got a kick out of. The way everyone was acting on the high school was madly hilarious for some reason. It almost makes me wonder what would happen if everyone in a social circle lost their inhibitions and just let all their frustrations out. (Please don't tell Avari this. He might actually come up with a plan to achieve it.)

*sigh* The ending was so bittersweet... I am half agony, half hope (yes, I just quoted Captain Wentworth from Persuasion) that things will get better for everyone, but given If I Die's description, I don't think it will happen... at least, I hope it will be exciting. I'm certainly eager to read it.

Pages: 384

Publisher: Mira Ink

2 comentários:

  1. "I am half agony, half hope (yes, I just quoted Captain Wentworth from Persuasion)"
    LOL! xD

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Ehehehe, bateram aqui umas saudades da Anne e do Capitão... deve ser porque estes personagens me fazem sofrer tanto como eles! :P

      Eliminar