terça-feira, 12 de junho de 2012

Never to Sleep, Rachel Vincent

This book is for the Soul Screamers Reading Challenge, hosted by Fiktshun.


My thoughts: This novella's events occur at the same time as the last half of If I Die. Sophie, Kaylee's cousin, finally finds out what has been hidden from her for her whole life. And she actually reacts in a good way. It was nice to get to see things from Sophie's perspective, and this walk on the dark side may do some good to the way she usually behaves. She overcomes the difficulties thrown at her with some measure of braveness and smartness, and I was impressed at her.

Of course, she had to go and ruin the good impression I was making of her at the end with some nasty comments about Kaylee. Seriously, I wanted to strangle her for being so unnecessarily mean. But I'll settle with getting to see her reaction to learning that the Netherworld isn't her special little secret, and that she was the last one in the family to know about it. (Even Kaylee beat her to it. Ha! She's going to be so mad.)

I enjoyed how this novella was tied with If I Die, and I am quite curious to learn how it ties with Before I Wake. Luckily, I won't have to wait long.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário