segunda-feira, 6 de agosto de 2012

Summer Wrap-up Read-a-Thon - Monday, August 6th

Pages: 102

Hours: 2 hours

Books: Code Name Verity, Elizabeth Wein

Challenge: Cover Love Challenge hosted by Emily @ Falling for YA
The challenge is simple just show me the covers of one or more books released during the summer that you love!

Actually, when I looked for books released this summer, I found so many favorite covers I did a top 5 of sorts - and I'm not one to usually make these!

#5 - Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols
So simple, yet so cute; I love the windy effect and the color combination and simplicity of the dress and the background.


#4 - Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Love the feathers, their color. Again, simplicity.


#3 - The Unquiet by Jeannine Garsee
That effect on the water!


#2 - Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
I love this girl, and how fierce she looks. And the city behind looks... awesomely ghost-like.


#1 - Touched by Cyn Balog
That smokey thingie! And the carnival-like background! And the colors! And the font! It's books like this one that make me want to buy them just because of their cover.


Challenge: Summer Vacations hosted by Shae @ Understanding Shae’s Story
Just tell me your ideal vacation inside of a certain book!

This is US/Canada only, so I won't be able to enter, but I'll leave here my answer anyways:

I know this is a crazy ideia, but I'd like to visit some dystopian/post-apocalyptic settings - like Atlanta in Jana Oliver's Forsaken (and the following books), or Veronica Roth's Divergent, or even Marie Lu's Legend. I'm a sucker for worldbuilding, so dystopian scenarios have a certain appeal to me - I love to figure out how things turned out to be that way in those places.

That is why I'm a sucker for fantasy as well - and how nice wouldn't it be to visit Hogwarts, or best of all, Middle Earth! I kind of dreamed of being a character in the Lord of the Rings books when I read them, because how awesome would it be to explore that vast, beautiful, diverse world?

Challenge: Summer Party Challenge hosted by Mackenzie @ Oh For the Love of Books!
Alright y'all. I've got a problem. I've got to throw a summer party and well...I'm not exactly the most creative person out there. But it's the end of summer and I want to plan a rocking party!

And that's where y'all come in:
In the comments below I want y'all to leave your most rockin', fun and creative idea for a summer party. Money's not an issue. Just let those creative juices flow!

Since money's no issue, I'd buy a whole Caribbean tropical island for my guests, with all the commodities. I'd have food and drinks for everyone, and I'd provide entertainment for them - all the kinds of water sports (or other sports as well), and instructors for everyone who wishes to learn them; and boat rides everywhere (to sightsee... my island would have lots of places worthy of sightseeing). I'd like to provide some musical entertainment as well, and every whim my guests had would be catered to by a small army of assistants. We would dance till the dawn, and then go to the beach the next day, just to sunbathe!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário