domingo, 12 de agosto de 2012

Summer Wrap-up Read-a-Thon - The Wrap-Up Post


This is the third read-a-thon I've entered, and the one that went better, I think. Having a whole week dedicated to reading really pays off.

The stats:

I've accomplished my goals:
  • I read every day for at least an hour
  • I entered all the challenges I could
  • I updated my progress everyday
  • I read 3 books (two from my Want To Pile and one from my Back Up Pile) and a lot of comic books

I think I read a lot more than I usually do, even though my blog posts fell a bit behind. I did lower my TBR a bit, which was great. I would have liked to socialize and explore everyone's blogs a bit more, but time is limited and I couldn't. I hope I can do better in the next one.

I'd like to thank the hosts and everyone who hosted a challenge - truly, it was so much fun to answer your challenges!

Here is a list of my blog posts for the read-a-thon:

Sunday, August 12th

Challenge: Where did you read this summer? hosted by Jude @ In Between
Show us some pictures of the places were you read this summer, whether it was in your cozy home, by the beach, the park, anywhere! We want to know where you spend this summer! You don't need to be in the picture, you can just show us or describe your reading space for the summer.

Er... I haven't been to anywhere special this summer, so my reading places were the same as the ones I read in throughout the whole year:


The couch - notice the artfully (not!) placed books (some of the books I read for this RAT), my CD player (I feel old just mentioning it, let alone using it), a newspaper, and that pile of pillows which I use to lean on.


My bed - usually in a state of disarray, and the place where I alternate reading with napping.


The bus - not this one, exactly, but I travel mainly by bus, so I usually read on it while going to work and getting back home.

6 comentários:

  1. Your couch and bed are so clean and lovely! Pretty! Bus is a great place to read and not waste the time. You got a ton reading done. Great job!
    Thanks so much for participating!
    My Wrap-Up Photo Album

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you! Though I've cleaned them up a bit for the picture, my poor couch had a few more books and stuff on it. xD Thank you for hosting, it was fun and a great way to motivate me to read. ^-^

      Eliminar
  2. Wow, o teu quarto parece ser muito arrumadinho, acho que se tentasse tirar uma foto ao meu nunca ia arranjar um ângulo que escondesse a bagunça. xD
    Leste imenso, 12 comics e 3 livros é obra!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Lolol, tenho sorte, o meu quarto presta-se para esconder as partes mais desarrumadas (a estante e a secretária, e o armário) com este ângulo. :P
      Pude puxar por mim no outro fds e despachar imensas BDs que tinha cá para casa, só assim já valeu o RAT! Mas os outros livros também ajudaram, eram do tipo que se lia muito bem. ^-^

      Eliminar
  3. Respostas
    1. Oh, don't say that, I'm sure you'll do better next time. ;) There's so much to do on a RAT that reading can be sorta left behind, lol. Not to mention when our offline life derails our goals... :/

      Eliminar