sábado, 22 de dezembro de 2012

2012 Steampunk Reading Challenge - Finished


This challenge was hosted by Dark Faerie Tales. The sign-up post was here and it contained a couple of links to get you started on what steampunk is, exactly. The sign-up post and this blog have a compiled list of a few steampunk works. You could post your reviews here and everyone's completed lists can be consulted here.

Books read for this Challenge

I chose the "Gaslight" level (6 books), so I would say I completed this challenge since I read 7 books. I wish I had read more, since many steampunk books I had in my TBR pile still remain there. I am so undisciplined, lol. But I kinda lost my motivation to read for this challenge mid-year, so these last three months I didn't even read anything for the challenge. Too bad, but maybe I'll read these books next year. I don't plan to sign up to any challenge, but maybe I'll make my own personal challenge.

The ones left behind:
  • The Map of Time, Félix J. Palma
  • The Court of the Air, Stephen Hunt
  • Pavane, Keith Roberts
  • Vaporpunk - Relatos steampunk publicados sob as ordens de Suas Majestades, Brazillian anthology edited by Gerson Lodi-Ribeiro and Luís Filipe Silva
  • Steamed, Katie MacAlister

The ones I wanted to read:
  • Clockwork Prince, Cassandra Clare (this one depended on this book being released in my country, and since it didn't... but I'm so dying to read it)
  • The Subtle Knife, Philip Pullman
  • The Amber Spyglass, Philip Pullman

The ones in my wishlist:
  • The Mammoth Book of Steampunk, anthology edited by Sean Wallace
  • Dead Iron, Devon Monk (and the following book[s])
  • Heart of Steel, Meljean Brook (and the following book[s])
  • The Iron Wyrm Affair, Lilith Saintcrow (and the following book[s])
  • Corsets & Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances, anthology edited by Trisha Telep
  • All Men of Genius, Lev A.C. Rosen
  • The Girl in the Steel Corset, Kady Cross (and the following book[s])
  • The Greyfriar, Clay & Susan Griffith (and the following book[s])
  • Phoenix Rising, Philippa Ballantine and Tee Morris (and the following book[s])
  • Boneshaker, Cherie Priest (and the following book[s])
  • Steampunk, anthology edited by Ann VanderMeer and Jeff VanderMeer

And if I took a peek at my Goodreads wishlist I might find so much more steampunk books, but this is a big enough list, so I'll leave it at that.

    2 comentários:

    1. Epá, não foi esse nível que escolhi, mas foi o que atingi também---li exactamente 7 livros, tal como tu. :)

      Btw, tens de ler o The Map of Time. Tipo, já.

      ResponderEliminar
      Respostas
      1. Lol, acho que a nossa motivação andou pela hora da morte... xD Podíamos repetir a dose no próximo ano, para ler os que faltam, mas sem inscrever em desafios, que já vimos que não resulta. :P

        Eu sei, eu sei... estava superanimada o ano passado para o ler, mas este desafio, ironicamente, matou-me a vontade. Agora que já acabou é que o quero ler outra vez. xD

        Eliminar