domingo, 18 de agosto de 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 Read-a-Thon - Starting Post

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

Back to a Bout of Books read-a-thon! Please consider this my sign up post and my goals post, since I feel like I would be repeating myself, doing separate posts for either. This time I think I won't be able to read as much as last time, since I generally have less time to read nowadays, so my goals will be a bit more modest:
  • To read every day, and to read for at least an hour
  • To enter some challenges, as many I can, though I imagine I won't have time for all of them
  • To update my progress every day, or most likely, every day I enter a challenge
  • To read at least 2 fiction books, and perhaps a few comic books and manga, or a few short stories

As for the books I'll be reading, I will call this the "surprise read-a-thon". I usually take a picture of the pile I might tackle, but this time around, I still haven't decided what I'll be reading... and I expect to acquire a few books this week, so I might read one or two for the read-a-thon. Ergo, no pile, and no planning for this read-a-thon.

To everyone who is entering the read-a-thon, good luck with your goals, and have fun!

1 comentário:

  1. Hallo, Hallo! :) I will be coming back by your blog when I can spend a bit more time on it, and see what your reading & to read your reactions to your Bout Goals! I just read your Book Spine Poem and loved it! :) The hours fly past me lightning quick! I am hopeful that I can strike the balance between today & Sunday, so I am making rounds + reading regularly and intervals!! You have an awesome blog and I look forward to returning!! Hope your having a great reading day!!!

    ResponderEliminar