segunda-feira, 26 de agosto de 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 Read-a-Thon - Wrap-Up Post

Bout of Books

And it's a wrap-up for the Bout of Books read-a-thon! This time, I didn't have much time for reading during the week, and as I expected, the result was that I read a bit less than what I usually do on a read-a-thon. I tackled a few books that I usually read faster (the companion books and the comic books), and I read a fiction book - which was probably not the best choice for the read-a-thon, since the story dragged and failed to keep my attention. Oh well, I learned my lesson. Analyzing my goals:
  • I read every day, and I think I read for at least an hour - that's the amount of time I spend on public transportation from home to work and back, and I use that time to read;
  • I entered a few (almost all) of the challenges;
  • I did update my progress every day;
  • I only read a fiction book instead of two, but the other books I read, plus the difficulties I had with the one fiction book I read, more than make up for that.

I didn't put as one of my goals to socialize, as I usually do, because I fully expected to not have time to visit blogs and to check the Twitter chats. Which is so sad, really, because I've discovered some of the best book blogs through read-a-thons. Maybe next time.

As for statistics:

And that's the wrap-up for this read-a-thon. I hope I do much better next time around. Thank you to the hosts and everyone who hosted a challenge.
Below are my posts for the read-a-thon, both the starting post as well as the daily update posts, which contain my progress and my answers to the challenges.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário