sexta-feira, 25 de julho de 2014

Wicked Wildfire Read-a-Thon 2014 - Wrap-Up Post

Wicked Wildfire Read-a-Thon

That's a wrap for another read-a-thon! As always, a fun week period composed by 11 days. I'm a big fan of WW read-a-thons, it's a low profile thing where I feel pressure-free, doing my thing whenever I feel like. So, I'm happy with this read-a-thon and how it went for me, with my goals and my books read.

Let's take a look at my goals:
  • To read every day, and to read for at least an hour (two is preferable, if possible) - I'd say it went well, I think I read at least a couple of hours every day
  • To enter some challenges, if not all of them - I entered all the challenges
  • To update my progress every day, or most likely, every day I enter a challenge - I did the second one, I don't think I needed to post more than that
  • To read 3 fiction books, and throw in some graphic novels, manga books, short stories, or novellas - I did more than that, I read 4 fiction books and a graphic novel in two volumes
  • Try to keep up with reviews, writing during this read-a-thon the ones for the books I'll read - eh, not so much; weekdays were so busy that I didn't have that much time to write reviews, and the end result is that I have now 3 books to review; I had reviews saved up when this started, and now I have none (oops)

And let's do stats because I love the crap out of it:
  • I read 4 fiction books (Champion by Marie Lu; Um Pequeno Escândalo by Patricia Cabot/Meg Cabot [A Little Scandal]; A Voz by Juliet Marillier [The Caller]; All Lined Up by Cora Carmack), a graphic novel in two parts (Capitão América: O Soldado do Inverno 1 by Ed Brubaker, Steve Epting, Michael Lark, John Paul Leon; Capitão América: O Soldado do Inverno 2 by Ed Brubaker, Steve Epting, Michael Lark, Lee Weeks, Stefano Gaudiano, Rick Hoberg [Captain America: Winter Soldier])
  • I read 1928 pages which is way better than the last WW read-a-thon and is fairly good for the usual read-a-thon experience for me
  • This is an average of 175 pages per day, which is definitely better than my daily average of 126 pages this year
  • The books I read were also longer (321 pages in average) than the average page count per book this year for me (275 pages)
  • The longest book was The Caller, with 456 pages, and the shortest ones were the Captain America: Winter Soldier two volumes, with 168 and 184 pages

And that's the wrap-up for this read-a-thon. Thank you to the hosts and everyone who hosted a challenge; thank you for the effort in organizing this.

Below are my posts for the read-a-thon, both the starting post as well as the daily-ish update posts, which contain both my progress and my answers to the challenges.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário